Terms & Conditions: Sweepstake Rules
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN OR CLAIM THE PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THERE WILL BE ONE (1) NATIONWIDE WINNER.
Sweepstakes Name: Hairitage Concert Ticket Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”)
Address: 225 Liberty Street, Suite 2301, New York, NY 10281
This Sweepstakes is sponsored solely by Maesa LLC (the “Sponsor”) located at 225 Liberty Street, Suite 2301, New York, NY 10281. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor at the address provided above.
NAMES, LOGOS, AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE USED FOR PURPOSES OF SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR PRIZE DESCRIPTION ONLY. ALL TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS, TRADE NAMES, TRADE DRESS, PRODUCT NAMES, AND LOGOS APPEARING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS. USE DOES NOT IMPLY AFFILIATION OR ENDORSEMENT.
Winner List: For the name of the verified Winner (as defined below), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to Maesa LLC, 225 Liberty Street, Suite 2301, New York, NY 10281.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who (a) have internet access; (b) are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the Age of Majority in their State of Residence on the date of entry; (c) are a legal resident of and physically residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (Sweepstakes void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law); (d) are registered users of instagram.com or tiktok.com; and (e) must be able to attend the Event (as further described and defined below) on the Event date and at the Event location as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion (each an “Entrant” or collectively “Entrants”).
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Employees, contractors, officers and directors of Sponsor and each of its affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising, promotional agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”); and members of the immediate families (spouse and biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above individuals are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win the Prize (as defined below).
By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules; (b) as between you and the Sponsor, that the decision of the Sponsor is final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you do not comply with these Rules, that you will be disqualified and your Prize (if any) will be forfeited; and (e) (when applicable) the potential Winner and/or finalist must be available to participate in any portion to the Sweepstakes that participation may be required to be considered eligible.
2. TIMING. Sweepstakes begins on January 19, 2023, at 10:00:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on January 25, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER. During the Sweepstakes Period, Entrant must first follow @hairitagebymindy and @mindymcknight on Instagram.com then Entrant must tag one (1) friend's account in the “Comments” section of the dedicated Instagram Collab post @hairitagebymindy @mindymcknight on Instagram account to receive one (1) entry (each an “Entry” or collectively “Entries”) into the Sweepstakes. Unlimited entries per person/Instagram handle.
4. WINNER SELECTION. On or about January 26, 2023, the Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Winner from among all eligible Entries collectively received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received. An individual may win only one (1) time during the duration of the Sweepstakes. The same individual may not win more than once.
An Entrant is not deemed a Winner until Sponsor contacts Entrant, verifies the Entrant's information (name, mailing address, email, phone number), and the integrity of Entrant's Entry. If Sponsor is unable to verify the foregoing, Entrant will automatically be disqualified and their Prize, if any, will be forfeited. The Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate Winner in accordance with these Official Rules in the event that the selected Entrant is disqualified, cannot be contacted, or is deemed ineligible for any reason, or is not available to attend the Event.
The Winner must present state or federal authorized identification prior to being awarded the Prize. Winner may be required to present a copy of a valid identification as a condition of participating or receiving the Prize when…“Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, online service provider, telephone service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses, phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Proof of submission of an Entry shall not be deemed proof of submission or receipt by the Sponsor for online Entries. When applicable, the Sponsor's computer will be deemed the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Entries will be disqualified if incomplete and/or if prohibited multiple Entries in excess of the stated limit are received. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION. The potential Winner will be notified on January 26, 2023 via the @hairitagebymindy Instagram account where they submitted their Entry. Sponsor will message the potential Winner to request their name, mailing address, email, phone number for the sole purpose of verifying the validity of the Entrant and Entry and, if verified, to deliver the Prize. In the event the potential Winner doesn't respond to Sponsor's message or does not provide the information requested by Sponsor within one (1) day of notification, the Prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate potential Winner will be selected. In the event that any one or more potential Winner(s) fails to respond as stated above, declines the Prize, or fails to provide signed affidavits or releases, such potential Winner(s) will be deemed to forfeit the Prize and Sponsor will select an alternate Winner from the remaining eligible Entrants. Sponsor will use a reasonable number of attempts, at its discretion, to award the Prize to another alternate potential Winner but if it is unable to do so, the Prize will be forfeited, Sweepstakes terminated, and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Sweepstakes.
As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree and acknowledge that in order to receive the Prize and be deemed the Winner, Entrants must sign any documentation provided by the Sponsor and agree to the terms herein, including but not limited to the Prize conditions. The potential Winner may (at Sponsor's sole discretion) be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and any other form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty-four (24) hours after the first delivery attempt to Entrant's email address in order for the potential Winner to be qualified for the Prize, unless otherwise stated herein or at the time of notification. The potential Winner's failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential Winner being disqualified and, in such event, the Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Winner from among all remaining eligible Entries, as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion.
The Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission or other delivery method.
Winner and Guest will be required to complete and return the applicable forms and releases. Winner must sign a Prize acceptance form, provide the information for their Guest which must be at least of the legal age of majority in their state, a W-9 form, an affidavit or verification of eligibility, and a liability/publicity release (where permitted) signed by both the Winner and Guest. If the Winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate Winner in its sole discretion. An unclaimed Prize or Prize-related element will not be awarded.
- One (1) Prize (“Prize”) will be awarded:
- Two (2) tickets to attend the Taylor Swift concert on Saturday, April 1, 2023 (the “Event”) at AT&T Stadium (the “Venue”),
- One (1) American Express® Gift Card in an amount of $1,000 USD for Winner to use in connection with travel to and from the Venue;
NAMES, LOGOS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE USED FOR PURPOSES OF SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR PRIZE DESCRIPTION ONLY. ALL TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS, TRADE NAMES, TRADE DRESS, PRODUCT NAMES AND LOGOS APPEARING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS; USE DOES NOT IMPLY AFFILIATION OR ENDORSEMENT.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize not to exceed $3,000.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No more than the advertised Prize shall be awarded. The Prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. The Prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, substitutable, or redeemable for cash except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. Sponsor is not the supplier or guarantor of any Prize.
The Winner and their guest agree to comply with all applicable Venue regulations in connection with the Event. The Winner and their guest must follow all private guidance from the Venue operator as well as governmental mandates intended and designed to prevent contracting and/or spreading COVID-19/Coronavirus.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any delay, cancellation, or rescheduling of the Event. Sponsor will not offer or provide any substitution or compensation in the case of any delay, cancellation, or rescheduling of the Event. Sponsor reserves the right to not award the Prize associated with that canceled Event, without any payment or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. Location of seats and tickets are in Sponsor's sole discretion. Lost or stolen tickets to the Event will not be replaced by Sponsor. If, after the Prize has been selected and ticketing has been completed, the Event is cancelled, such portions of the Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Winner.
All other expenses incurred by Winner relating to or arising from the Prize or Event are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the Winner, and are solely at the Winner's expense. The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by hotels, Venue operators, or transportation companies.
BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE PRIZEWINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER/THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE/THEY IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE/THEY ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR AND RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND THE SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, CIRCUMVENT OR DISRUPT THE SPONSOR'S WEBSITE OR AFFILIATED SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS (OR ANY PART THEREOF) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER AVAILABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. EACH ENTRANT (OR, IF THE ENTRANT IS NOT OF AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE, THE LEGAL GUARDIANS THEREOF) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES AND/OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES) THAT MAY BE ASSERTED AGAINST OR INCURRED BY ANY OF THEM AT ANY TIME, IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE THEREOF, AND/OR BY ENTRANT'S BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
The use of any automated device, automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited.
Released Parties are not responsible for (1) mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the internet or at any website, or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online Entrant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (2) any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes; (3) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (4) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (5) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes; or (6) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries.
The Sponsor further reserves the right to (i) cancel, terminate, suspend, declare null or void, amend, alter or modify the Sweepstakes, void any suspicious entries, rescind any Prize, and/or determine absolute resolution, and/or an alternate method of conducting the Sweepstakes and/or awarding the Prize at any time, for any reason, or if, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it is impossible or impractical to complete or conduct the Sweepstakes as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any sort, programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes, by any human error which may occur in the execution of this Sweepstakes, or any other causes which affect the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if the rules of the integrity of the Sweepstakes have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally, by any person whether or not an Entrant in the Sweepstakes; and/or (ii) stop or conclude the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the Official Rules will be conspicuously posted on Sponsor or affiliate's website or social media accounts, when practical. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
9. RELEASES, CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release and waive any and all claims of liability against the Sweepstakes Entities and any applicable third-party fulfillment service and each of their respective employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, loss or damage (including personal injury) incurred with respect to the conduct of or participation in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, shipping/handling, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of the Prize, including any travel related thereto. By accepting the Prize, the Winner hereby agrees to release each of the Released Parties from any and all claims arising from, relating to, or in connection with the Sweepstakes, the Prize, or the Event. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any Entrant or Winner or any person claiming through such Entrant or Winner for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, including, but not limited to restrictions on travel, movement and large gatherings (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), national emergency, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, viral or communicable disease outbreak, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sweepstakes Entities' sole control. Upon awarding the Prize, the Sponsor will have no further obligation to the Winner.
10. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any Prize awarded to the Winner may be reported to the IRS as required by law. The Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes, related to Prize acceptance and use not specified herein. The Winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number before any Prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in Prizes from the Sponsor in a calendar year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of those Prizes to the IRS.
Winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of all Prizes won. If actual value of the Prize is less than the stated ARV, or the Winner and/or if applicable, his/her/their Guest forfeits, do not use, or are determined ineligible for any portion of the Prize, the Winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value, and such difference will be forfeited.
11. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS. All decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor will interpret these Official Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes, and the Sponsor's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Sweepstakes to the Sponsor's “discretion” and/or any exercise of discretion by the Sponsor shall mean at Sponsor's “sole and unfettered discretion.” The Sponsor further reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated, Sponsor will award the Prize in a random drawing from all eligible Entries received prior to termination. If applicable, material changes to the Sweepstakes rules will be available on-line at the Sponsor's website, when practical. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
12. BINDING ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT'S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
13. MISCELLANEOUS. Sponsor reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise; all decisions are considered final and binding. Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify Entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that: (a) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain costs, judgments or awards for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim or seek, punitive, incidental, consequential, special or any other damages, other than for actual, third-party out-of-pocket expenses, and in such limitation, Entrant further waives any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (b) any and all disputes, claims or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any Prize or Prize element awarded, shall be resolved individually, through binding arbitration as set forth above, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys' fees and court costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to every Entrant. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning the Prize is contingent upon Entrant's fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
14. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW AND GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York, USA, without giving effect to the conflict of law rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 12 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award shall take place in the state of New York, in the city of New York.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or any other third-party websites. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.